Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I Find the Greatest Stuff Through eBay.

First, really quickly, what I bought this week:
Shazam!: The Monster Society of Evil HC (Read it, great stuff, considering trying to trick my little brother into the world of comics through this as a birthday/Christmas gift, may not want to give it up, may not be willing to shell out cash for a second copy, will see what happens)
52: The Companion TPB (Halfway done, read 5 out of 10 stories included, managed to not skip directly ahead to the Booster origin story, somewhat proud of myself for that.)
2nd copy of Booster Gold #3
Considered buying Brave & the Bold, but decided that I was spending enough already, thanks.

But, anyway, eBay. I think eBay is grand. I actually work in a store which has the entire purpose of selling things on eBay. (Seriously, it's what I do.) So, I will, on occasion, whenever the fancy strikes me (which is somewhat frequently), I will search for whatever, uhhh, strikes my fancy. Booster Gold is, unsurprisingly, a staple in my searching. And sometimes I find some really great, weird stuff.

Find of the day?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Dan Garret(t) has the weirdest hobby ever. I do not even want to think about how this is even working, because I know that it does not.

Find of the day yesterday?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The best part is that it's drawn by a professional. A somewhat obscure professional, sure, but someone who has been paid real monies by a big publisher to draw comics.

One can only wonder what tomorrow will bring.

3 comments:

wanderfish said...

Ah, damn, I forgot that the 52 covers book came out today too. I was at least going to flip through it. Oh well, next time.

And it looks to me like Dan's just training for a Biathlon.

HotAndCold said...

That's a viable, theory, but:
1. He has no poles.
2. I honestly thought he was on water at first.
3. WHY ARE THERE TANKS?

wanderfish said...

... Okay, you make some valid points there.