Monday, January 21, 2008

No Habla Espanol. And That's Okay.

Boo, solicitations have to wait until tomorrow. Booooooo. At least we've got a sneak preview at Jaime's solicit.

BLUE BEETLE #26
Written by Jai Nitz
Art by Mike Norton & Trevor Scott
Cover by Zach Howard
A special extra-sized Spanish-language issue, with the English script as bonus material! Blue Beetle takes Traci 13 to his family reunion, and having your girlfriend meet your family can be tough, especially when she's the only guest who doesn't speak Spanish! To make matters worse, two people have uncovered Jaime's secret identity — and one of them is the Parasite!
On sale April 30 • 40 pg, FC, $3.50 US

Ah, the rumored all-Spanish issue. I, personally, think it's a nifty idea. And I know pretty much no Spanish whatsoever. (I took Latin as my 2nd 3rd language in high school, because I have some sort of aversion to things that are actually useful, obviously. That's why I'm planning on being an English major!) But I think that's the whole idea, of course. We're not supposed to know what's going on any more than Traci is.

And Traci gets to meet the Reyeses! Want!

One wonders who the other person who discovers Jaime's identity is. Also what the Parasite has to do with anything....

So, basically, I am all for this. Bring it on, DC!

No comments: