Thursday, October 18, 2007

Can't Blog Today, Busy Reading

Personal history story time! I might be a DC reader, but I've got something of a family history of Marvel. Sitting around and reading my cousin's comics was pretty much the highlight of family get-togethers for me for a while there. Except for the part when I didn't really entirely understand what was going on, because this was Marvel in the '90's.

And then I discovered the MC2 titles, and they were a Godsend to me. I didn't need to know who this guy that the Avengers had fought once was, or what on Earth was up with the Scarlet Witch and her being crazy, or anything. I could start with #1s in something new and shiny!

And I loved it. I'm not ashamed to admit that. (And even if I was, I have the convenient out of being less than 10 years old at the time, anyway.) All 3 of them: Spider-Girl, A-Next, and J2.

J2 was my favorite. No particular reason I can recall, I just really liked the guy. But I never got to finish the series, much to my chagrin for quite some time.

And, well, you remember me mentioning yesterday that I do random eBay searches, right?

I found this and couldn't resist. It arrived today. Please excuse me while I revisit my childhood.

(I'm halfway into the second issue as I type this. So far, it's not a bad read, I guess. Not super duper excellent, and a lot of it's pretty corny, but, hey, I like it.)

Also, any comic that features a skinny, awkward nerd turning into a huge beefy guy is pretty alright by me, I'm just saying.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The fact that he's stark naked the first time it happens doesn't exactly hurt, either, of course.

No comments: