Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Review: JSA # 10

I didn't buy much today, just my weekly issue of Booster Gold and JSA #10. So here's me talking about JSA #10. Exciting, right?

Hey, lookit, it's an Alex Ross cover with more than one character on it! ZOMG! Next step: have them do something other than stand around please?

I don't usually comment on ads, but, and I don't know about your copy, but the one inside my front cover is for "Flight of the Living Dead: Outbreak on a Plane". Think up your own Snakes on a Plane joke; I'm too lazy to.

Anyway, I'd just like to say that I rather like Eaglesham's artses. I mean, look at Maxine on that first page there. She's adorable.

"I watched all of you die." Superman-22: Not exactly the World's Greatest Conversationalist.

Wrong Crisis, Jay. Superman-2 died in IC, not CoIE.

The thing about Starman is that you can never entirely tell if what he's saying has significance or not. Like, there was a bit in the 2nd issue where he's pretty clearly referring to when Maxine got kidnapped by T. O. Morrow, but sometimes I'm pretty sure it's just nonsense. All out of yellow, I'm thinking is nonsense. Or it could somehow reference the Sinestro Corps War. Although it seems by the solicits that there will still be a Sinestro Corps of some sort post-war, so maybe not. Hrm.

I skipped the Lightning Saga. Who was supposed to be going back instead of Starman? Or is that the basis of the Karate Kid storyline in Countdown? 'Cuz I'm not paying attention to that, either.

It takes Alan an entire page to do the mental math for 52-30. Then again, I imagine that Starman speaks very rapidly, so I suppose it probably would take that long to parse what he was getting at there.

Y HELO THAR, Alex Ross interiors! I do recognize a good bunch of these characters from KC, yeah, though there are some I definitely don't. Not even I can memorize everything instantly. But I'd just like to say that Captain Atom's spine hurts me. D:

So, is this before or after the Sinestro Corps War? 'Cuz I kinda figured the Sinestro Corps War would clue everybody into the "new Multiverse" thing, since that's one of the reasons that the Corps was after Earth, mmyes? Hmmm.

If the GL in KC was Alan, then why did he end up representing "New Oa" at the UN at the end? Mystifying.

Am I misremembering KC, or didn't Magog kill Joker in court?

I rather like the border of the 2nd panel and how it leads into KC Supes's ear in the 4th. S'nifty.

What we don't see: The rest of the JSA going "O SHI-" after ol' Ted points out that the Brownstone is not exactly sound-proof.

Yes, that's right, the JSA is solely responsible for the lack of Kingdom Come-itude going on. Nothing else could influence it. Nothing.

A hole blown through his torso like has been happening to the New Gods? Oh, don't tell me that that's getting mixed up in here. I like living in my world of denial where nothing bad is happening to them. :/

One wonders what's up with Dr. Mid-Nite 'n' that "GO".

So, am I interpreting this right, and this Supes got dragged out of KC right after the bomb was dropped?

OK, Ma Hunkel had the shirt, but where did the rest of the costume come from?

Dogpile on the Kryptonian! And they knocked Jay's hat off! For shame.

Hunh, KC Supes doesn't have a cape, does he?

Don'tcha think Supes could've at least tried to mention that he was going to stop a suicide?

Cosmic Treadmill = Auto lawls.

"I've never been comfortable with time travel." I so very much want to blame Booster for this. I guess we'll find out in a couple of weeks.

Again, I hope this isn't tying into Death of the New Gods.

And Superman meets Superman should be interesting. Lookin' forward to it. If only it weren't so far away. :(

No comments: